Thursday 11 September 2008

A reading list elsewhere

One of the blogs I read regularly is Tame The Web - a world of enthusiasm and good ideas. The blogger Michael Stephens is a big advocate of all things 2.0. You can borrow a copy of the Library Technology Reports issue he wrote "Web 2.0 & Libraries: Best Practices for Social Software" from WHP (though it is currently being read by one of my team).

His
latest post is a reading list for a course he runs in his role as a
library school professor.



One of my favorite things to do is read current technology-related or cultural books and apply the concepts to how libraries might adapt or tap into the trends. This semester we’ll try it as a group.

Very much chimed with what I hope we can do here. More than a few things on the list I would like to read though only one I have "Good to great".

1 comment:

Harold Trammel said...

I have several of these. Good to Great is very good as is the precursor Built to Last.

I was very impacted by Everything is Miscellaneous. There were several insights that I gained that have since been most helpful in explaining knowledge management and what we are trying to do my superiors.